Mission and Themes
Conference Theme : Integration Humanities, Social Sciences, and Built Environment for a Sustainable Future
As partners in Humanities, Social Sciences and Environment Conference 2018 (HSSEC 2018), this conference (ICSHAC) which is under the management of School of Humanities, Universiti Sains Malaysia, aims to act as catalyst to similar future conferences and as drivers to knowledge transfer through high quality outputs or high impact publications.
The three main objectives of ICSHAC conference are:
- To deliberate current issues in the fields of sustainability, humanities and civilization in an empirical or theoretical manner, and the implications of existing policies from various perspectives.
- To address daunting issues and challenges impeding our efforts to preserve and empower humanities, and to discuss obstacles interfering the progression of universal civilization, and work towards short-term and long-term solutions.
- To offer an interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary platform to confer on issues pertaining to sustainability, humanities and civilization in a broader and critical context.
The organizers would like to encourage submissions that approach the following sub-themes from a variety of perspectives.
- Environmental Sustainability
- Sustainable Development
- Cultural Sustainability
- Sustainable Heritage
- Social Sustainability
- Economic Sustainability
- Sustainable Living
- Bahasa Melayu and Translation
- English Language and Literature
- Islamic Philosophy
- Tasawwur and Islamic Thoughts
- Civilization Studies